The notion of the paperless office has turned out to be something of a myth. So, whatever the size of your business, from payroll documents to staff records you will almost certainly have confidential paper-based information you need to dispose in a highly secure and responsible way.
For many organisations, the only truly cost-effective and totally safe way of doing this is to outsource the task to a shredding company.
But, if you are looking into outsourcing paper shredding services, with a number of different companies all offering to do what may seem like the same thing, how do you make your choice? Here are a few pointers to help.
Choosing a paper shredding service:
- As when using any other service, look for an organisation with a strong reputation that can supply good references
- An understanding of the laws and regulations surrounding data protection and the disposal of confidential information is vital
- Check to see whether your potential company\\’s staff have been rigorously vetted and trained. Have thorough background checks been carried out on all employees?
- Will the service provider offer a security risk assessment?
- When documents are shredded, will the document handler be the only one to have access to the paperwork?
- Will you be able to watch the shredding if you want to and will you receive a Certificate of Destruction?
- Can the company accommodate CDs and disks?
- Do all documents get recycled once they are shredded?
Use this checklist as a guide and you will be able to make an informed decision about which service provider to go with. You will also have peace of mind that you have chosen a solution which is genuinely secure. That\\’s so much better than going for a cut-price provider which isn\\’t really giving you the security your business needs.
What We Offer at Simply Shred
At Simply Shred, we offer a range of on and off site shredding services which take any potential hassle out of your document disposal.
We can save you a significant amount of time and money compared to keeping the task in-house, and we guarantee full compliance with all relevant legislation.
We offer a service specifically tailored to what your business needs. We can fit in with however often you need us to shred your documents. Use us for a one-off purge of papers, annually, or more frequently. And because we offer both on and off site services, you have a much greater say in how your confidential information is destroyed.
We recycle all the materials we shred, and you will receive a certificate of destruction to keep for your records.
All our staff are security screened – our customer service reps undergo thorough background checks, and are all fully insured and bonded.
Material is collected in a console which is emptied directly into the shredder, to guarantee security.
Call us today for a free quote and look forward to a professional, reliable document shredding service and complete peace of mind.